Monday 17 September 2012

Experimenting

Experimenting
 
 
 

I made this piece first, when we were experimenting with the paper. I really liked the idea of using a fan for my piece but didn’t think it fitted in with my theme natural forms so I carried on experimenting This experiment really helped me since I loved the idea of using the paper "fan" but knew it wouldn’t fit in with my theme so I adapted my idea to my theme.


 
 
 
I also made this piece when we were experimenting with the paper and when I finished making this piece I thought it looked like a spiders web which really fitted in this fitted in with my theme, natural forms. I really liked the idea of making the paper into a spiders web so I decided to expand on my experimental idea.
 
 
 
 
The next week I decided to make a bigger version of my spider’s web knowing that it fitted in with my theme. I wanted to make it big enough to fit on my arm above my wrist, but I wanted to make it look more like a spider’s web and also make more parts to go with it.
I decided when I finished making the flatter version of my spiders web I would prop the cut parts out making it look more 3D and when I finished bending the things out in my experimental piece I realized my piece was starting to look more and more like a spider’s web.
 
GCSE Assessment Objectives
 
This work connects to the GCSE Assessment Objectives because this piece of work is all about developing your ideas which may have been inspired by other artists which is the first assessment objective. It also connects with assessment objective two because we have to refine our ideas through experimenting so this work helps us achieve some of the GCSE Assessment Objectives.
 

2 comments:

  1. Great experimentation, well done.

    You have discussed how this was inspired by other artists when referencing the assessment objectives. Can you include examples of their work to illustrate this?

    Check basic grammar, punctuation and spelling please.

    ReplyDelete